A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
About this game
MewnBase is a game about wandering around a barren planet, finding resources and surviving. Scavenge around for items to keep you fed. Build up your base with new modules to replenish your suit power and oxygen.
Because MewnBase is in active development, there are definitely bugs, and features are subject to change. Many parts of the design I'm still working on figuring out as I go! I try to post new builds roughly every 1-2 weeks.
Features so far
- Walk around, explore a randomly generated planet.
- Collect resources and carry them in your inventory.
- Craft new items.
- Expand your base by building more habitat modules.
- Manage your base's power and air supply.
- Planet day/night cycles.
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian.
Want to help translate MewnBase to another language? Check out its Crowdin project: https://crowdin.com/project/mewnbase/invite
- Left Mouse Button - interact / pick up item.
- Right Mouse Button - place base module (press and hold to pickup base modules).
- WASD - move around!
- F - Flashlight
- M - Show/hide the map
- Q - Drops item.
- Enter - enter/exit vehicles
- Space - vehicle drift
- R - Rotates the airlock base module while it's being placed.
- Esc - Pause game or close any open menu
Feb 25, 2017 - v0.33.1
Forgot to disable some new-game inventory items before making the previous build.
Feb 24, 2017 - v0.33
- You can now left-click on the buggie to enter and exit it.
- Buggie now takes damage if you crash it into stuff. Can be repaired by parking it on the Garage.
- Added collision to solar panels, RTG, and flood lights.
- Dirty solar panels now have new art (instead of just being red). And they sparkle when you clean them.
- Added a simple clock to the HUD to show you what time it is (a whole day is 12 "hours" long)
Changes / fixes:
- Nights are longer (90 seconds instead of just 40).
- Batteries hold a bit more charge.
- Made player flashlight shadows softer.
- Can now craft a Buggie even if your inventory is full.
- Added a temporary try/catch to a potential crash issue on the Language option screen.
- Some HUD text was previously hard-coded, moved them into the localization files.
There is a list of known bugs and issues in the MewnBase community board here: https://itch.io/t/30308/known-bugs
If you're trying to play the Mac version and it's just getting stuck on a blank screen, try downloading and installing the game through the itch desktop app.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: