A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
About this game
MewnBase (formerly "MoonBase"), is a work-in-progress game about wandering around a barren planet, finding resources and surviving. Scavenge around for items to keep you fed. Build up your base with new modules to replenish your suit power and oxygen.
Because MewnBase is in active development, there are definitely bugs, and features are subject to change. Many parts of the design I'm still working on figuring out as I go! I try to post new builds roughly every 1-2 weeks.
Features so far
- Walk around, explore a randomly generated planet.
- Collect resources and carry them in your inventory.
- Craft new items.
- Expand your base by building more habitat modules.
- Manage your base's power and air supply.
- Planet day/night cycles.
- Left Mouse Button - interact / pick up item.
- Right Mouse Button - place base module (press and hold to pickup base modules).
- WASD - move around!
- F - Flashlight
- M - Show/hide the map
- Q - Drops item.
- Enter - enter/exit vehicles
- Space - vehicle drift
- R - Rotates the airlock base module while it's being placed.
- Esc - Pause game or close any open menu
- F1 - open dev / cheat console. Type "help" to see commands.
Jan 5, 2016 - v0.30
- You can pickup crafting tables, smelters, and greenhouses while they're in the middle of crafting or when they have items ready to pickup (without loosing any items / resources).
- Air Cleaner produces more oxygen per second (1.5 instead of 1.25).
- Placeholder: health status text now shows a "-" or "+" next to it to indicate if your health is improving or declining.
- Fixed a habitat oxygen consumption / player suit refill inconsistency.
- You now don't die by running out of oxygen, you start loosing health quickly. Having suit oxygen and having a hunger of "normal" or "full" will slowly replenish your health.
- Added the red glow to the hud when you're not at 100% health.
- Added a no-oxygen warning icon to the hud.
- Updated app icon.
- Main menu now checks to see if there's a newer version of the game available for download from itch.io. Useful when you're just playing builds manually downloaded from the store page.
- New "More" menu with links to stuff, credits.
- Setup initial support for weather visual fx, you can test via debug console ("setweather rain", clear, and sandstorm).
- Updated to latest libGDX point release.
- itch desktop app manifest files.
- Setup for some future post-processor visual fx.
- Some more preparation for localization support.
- New game loading screen to go along with some improved asset loading.
Dec 24, 2016 - v0.29.1
- Fixed some save/load issues with dirty solar panels.
- Fixed a bug with airleak sound effects playing at full volume after saving/loading.
- Fixed a bug that would let the greenhouse drop infinite seeds if you had a full inventory.
- Fixed a bug with the building-placement image not going away if the building was the last thing in your inventory.
There is a list of known bugs and issues in the MewnBase community board here: https://itch.io/t/30308/known-bugs
If you're trying to play the Mac version and it's just getting stuck on a blank screen, try downloading and installing the game through the itch desktop app.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: