A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
About this game
MewnBase is a game about wandering around a barren planet, finding resources and surviving. Scavenge around for items to keep you fed. Build up your base with new modules to replenish your suit power and oxygen.
Because MewnBase is in active development, there are definitely bugs, and features are subject to change. Many parts of the design I'm still working on figuring out as I go! I try to post new builds roughly every 1-2 weeks.
Features so far
- Walk around, explore a randomly generated planet.
- Collect resources and carry them in your inventory.
- Craft new items.
- Expand your base by building more habitat modules.
- Manage your base's power and air supply.
- Planet day/night cycles.
- Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian.
Want to help translate MewnBase to another language? Check out its Crowdin project: https://crowdin.com/project/mewnbase/invite
- Left Mouse Button - interact / pick up item.
- Right Mouse Button - place base module (press and hold to pickup base modules).
- WASD - move around!
- F - Flashlight
- M - Show/hide the map
- Q - Drops item.
- Enter - enter/exit vehicles
- Space - vehicle drift
- R - Rotates the airlock base module while it's being placed.
- Esc - Pause game or close any open menu
Mar. 22, 2017 - v0.34.1
Fixed missing workbench in Tutorial mode.
Mar. 19, 2017 - v0.34
- Weather. World now has "clear", "rain", and "sandstorm" weather effects. Sandstorms add dust to your solar panels, eventually making them dirty. Rain can clean dirty solar panels. Solar panels are less efficient during weather events. (may be some lingering bugs with their particle fx)
- Your starting base and inventory items are now provided to you via 2 supply crates that you need to find near your landing site.
- Added "Engine" craftable component that is used for making vehicles, will be used in other modules later.
- New pavement base tile that can be created by smelting rock.
- Added player status effects and UI for things like: Starving, suffocating, healing etc.
- Medbay module added to game.
- Added major translation contributors to the More / credits page.
Changes / fixes:
- "Center posts" in configurations of 4 habitat modules are removed, creating more open floor plans.
- Jackhammer animation and sound effect are no longer used when you interact with a base module with the jackhammer equipped.
- Removed screen-resolution options for now since they were crashing the game for several users.
- Fixed an issue where walking between chunks would make base power flicker.
- Air Cleaner makes oxygen at a slightly faster rate.
- Removed the ability for certain base modules to transfer power, water, oxygen etc.
- "Normal" missions are now 10-15 days instead of 6-8.
- Performance tweaks.
There is a list of known bugs and issues in the MewnBase community board here: https://itch.io/t/30308/known-bugs
If you're trying to play the Mac version and it's just getting stuck on a blank screen, try downloading and installing the game through the itch desktop app.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: