A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
About this game
MoonBase (temporary title) is a work-in-progress game, about wondering around a barren planet, finding resources and surviving. Scavenge around for items to keep you fed. Build up your base with new modules to replenish your suit power and oxygen.
Because MoonBase in active development, there are definitely bugs, and features are subject to change. Many parts of the design I'm still working on figuring out as I go! I try to post new builds roughly every 1-2 weeks.
Features so far
- Walking around, explore a randomly generated planet.
- Collecting resources and carry them in your inventory.
- Crafting new items at the crafting station.
- Expand your base by building more habitat modules.
- Manage your base's power and air supply.
- Planet day/night cycles.
- Left Mouse Button - interact / pick up item.
- Right Mouse Button - place base module (press and hold to pickup base modules).
- WASD - move around!
- F - Flashlight
- M - Show/hide the map
- Q - Drops item.
- Enter - enter/exit vehicles
- Space - vehicle drift
- R - Rotates the airlock base module while it's being placed.
- Esc - Pause game or close any open menu
- F1 - open dev / cheat console. Type "help" to see commands.
Oct 18, 2016 - v0.26
- New item: Jackhammer for breaking up large rocks.
- New item: NavLight - small light that glows in the dark, requires no power.
- Craters are now just ground decorations, no longer collidable.
- More ground tile variations.
- Added Airlock status lights.
- Buggie wheels now animate when the vehicle is moving.
- Fixed issue where holding down a movement key at the start of the game would prevent the HUD from appearing.
- Fixed lighting colors / blending mode.
- Added particle fx to the resource tiles (ore, ice, etc).
- Misc menu fixes.
Oct 3, 2016 - v0.25
- Updated lighting system to use Box2D-Lights. Some lights now cast shadows. Hopefully better performance. Might be some odds-and-ends parts of the game that still need the lighting updated.
- Oxygen supply: You now need to be inside a habitat module in order for your air supply to replenish. If you're in an airlock, the outer door needs to be closed.
- Player now appears to hold a shovel when that item is equipped.
- Fixed issues with the player eat animation.
- Fixed bug where holding down RMB and moving would result in the player "sliding around".
- Game window should now resize better (properly letterboxed instead of stretched).
- Fixed issues with scrollable windows (crafting UI, etc) that would appear cut off when resizing the window.
There is a list of known bugs and issues in the MoonBase community board here: https://itch.io/t/30308/known-bugs
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: