v0.49 - December 2019 Update
Happy New Year everybody!
MewnBase has had an awesome year in 2019 that went far beyond all of my expectations. A big thank you to everybody for taking a chance to try it out, showing it to your friends, and for sharing your ideas (and bugs) with me! Hope you've all enjoyed it so far :D
On to the release notes...
Sorry it's been so long since the last update, but 0.49 is finally out!
I have been working on a lot of new features for the game, many of which are still in development. But one thing that took a lot of time this summer/fall is revising the game's save system. It greatly reduces down the number of files each save has and also loads saves faster that have a lot of the world explored.
Another thing it added was the ability to roll-back to previous auto-saves. This should help prevent players from getting stuck if they wandered off far from base, got really low on oxygen, and the game auto-saves before they get the chance to make it back - making it impossible to continue their game without using cheat codes etc.
After getting the new save system ready, I also wanted to give players a chance to help test it out and find bugs in the game's beta/testing channel. And while I think most of the issues have been ironed out, there's no telling some very old save file (or massively huge bases) won't run into issues when converted to the new system.
So if you run into any issues with your saves, please feel free to reach out to me for help! Zip up your saves folder and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Striped Pavement floor tile
- Metal Walls
- Load Game screen now includes a screenshot of where you left off.
- Additional scrap pile sprites
- Hovering over consumable items in your inventory shows how much they'll refill the associated HUD stat bar.
- Nicer looking conduit end caps
- Particle FX for eating food
- New sounds for collecting ore, plants, rocks etc.
- Animated lander flames
- Localization support for Latvian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, and Czech.
- Light sensor properly shows pickup progress
- Brazilian Portuguese plural fix.
- Base modules wont start construction if a buggie or player is standing on it.
- Fixed Construction Yard so that it no longer crafts without power.
- Fixed Air Cleaner color when it has no power.
My New Years resolution for 2020: to publish a clearer development roadmap for players to see when certain new features might be finished. And try to better balance work on the large parts, while releasing smaller patches more consistently (at least once a month) - even if it's just localization updates, or a single bug-fix.
Cheers! - Steve