space kitty's new tablet makes me very happy
v0.52.1 - Creature and Vehicle Tools!
Finally promoted the unstable/testing build for 0.52 to stable! Thank you to everyone that helped test it out over the past few months.
- First hostile creature! Some kind of rock-crab. Fend them off with your shovel, axe, or paws.
- They will only attack the player (or vehicle if you're in one), and ignore base modules.
- Adding creatures introduced a lot of new systems, pathfinding, melee attacks, creature behavior, creature spawning and despawning.
- Would love to get feedback on how it feels to have hostile creatures in the world.
- NOTE: There is an option in the New Game -> World Settings menu to force creatures to be passive and ignore you.
- Wood Sign - can display any item you have in your inventory, as well as a few different icons.
- Metal Gates that can open and close.
- Vehicle Repair Kit - consumable item that will repair broken wheels etc to help get yourself back to base.
- Battery Jumper - consumable item that will half recharge a vehicle's battery, or fully recharge your suit power.
- Suit HUD now shows the location of nearby vehicles.
- Space Cat now pulls out a little tablet when opening the Map and Tech Tree.
- Repair drones are now smarter and more efficient at fixing base modules.
- Tighter physic shapes for a few of the base modules.
- Changes to save-file updater/fixer. Better backup system.
- Localization updates.
If you run into issues, please be sure to drop a comment or post in the game's message board, or on the game's Discord server!