Yess more stuff to do :D
v0.36 - Biofuel Generator, UI Improvements
In this version, the main new feature is the Biofuel Generator. This item powers your base by running on green plants that you drop into it. It also replaces the Solar Panel as one of your starting items, which helps force you to explore a bit more around your base during the first day - but also means new players don't have to spend their first nights in total darkness while they work towards gathering materials for Batteries.
In order to keep the Generator relatively simple - you just drop green plants on it for now. Later I might consider adding some sort of "Refined Biofuel" craftable that is more efficient (uses less plants, generates power for longer) or something.
Two plants will fill the tank on the side of it, and it'll last for roughly 100 seconds.
And to help explain to players what sorts of items CAN be dropped onto the Generator (and Water Supply, Greenhouses etc), I've added in some new popup tool-tips when you click on those types of base modules. Finally.
Other UI / HUD updates:
- You can now see the direction to nearby Comms Towers (if they're powered) on the HUD.
- Can click on the flashlight icon in the HUD to toggle flashlight on and off.
- Fixing certain in-world UI elements to not be obscurred by day/night lighting.
- Updated progress bars art for interacting with tiles.
And some other updates and bug fixes:
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) localization!
- Updated localization for all other languages with latest from Crowdin.
- Can now grow Root Plants in the Greenhouses.
- Can drop Water (bottles) onto the Water Supply module.
- Trees now take longer to regrow fruit.
- On computers where the OS language is not English, hopefully fixed an issue where setting the language in MewnBase to English wouldn't work. (Thanks player Guinsoo!).
- Tile-interactions are now canceled if you change inventory items mid-way. (Thanks player HolyHugo!)